Wednesday, March 9, 2011

fibromyalgia and mommyhood

I have had fibromyalgia for years and didn't know it, I was diagnosed about a year ago and it was amazing to put a name to this pain that held me prisoner in my own body! I have a child who is now 17 months old and there are definite challenges in being a mommy with this disease. From fatigue,to depression/anxiety, to extreme pain and all the other fibro treats (dripping with sarcasm) that come along with it it's not easy to say the very least. I gained about 100 lbs during my pregnancy which if you have this devil of a disease you know that pretty much sucks. Not only is it EXTREMELY hard to stick to a workout routine due to flareups, but working out in general just plain hurts. This is my first of many to come so i hope i will have some readers who face these issues also.

No comments:

Post a Comment